Please click on the + symbol for answers.

Is Horizons Healthcare accepting new patients?

Yes. We are currently accepting new patients at our Snellville office and for house call visits.

Am I eligible for house call visits?

You may be eligible for house call visits if one or more of the following applies:

  • You currently live in an assisted living facility or personal home
  • You require the assistance of another person to leave home
  • You require the use of a cane, walker, or wheelchair
  • You must exert a high level of effort to get in an automobile
  • Your visits away from home are infrequent and of short duration

Contact our office to find out if one of our Nurse Practitioners is serving your area. You do not need a referral to use our house call services.

What if I need labs or x-rays?

Our providers will sometimes order lab tests, x-rays, and other services to fully evaluate your medical situation. Very often, these services can be done in your place of residence if you are homebound. The charge for these tests and procedures will be billed by the companies performing them. Imaging studies that require large equipment, such as CTs or MRIs, must be done at a local imaging center or hospital outpatient department.

Will my insurance cover Horizons Healthcare's services?

We accept Medicare (including most Medicare Advantage plans), Medicaid, Wellcare, Peach State Medicare, Peach State Medicaid, Allwell, Ambetter, CareSource Medicaid, CareSource Marketplace/ACA, Amerigroup, Humana, Aetna, Coventry, First Health, Cigna, Cigna HealthSpring, UPMC, BCBS, and Sonder Health Plan. We also accept most supplemental plans. We only bill the patient if there’s an unpaid balance which is not covered by their insurance. Medicare Part B covers 80% of our services, after the annual deductible is satisfied. Many secondary plans pay the 20% balance. We also accept self-pay.

Are house calls and assisted living facility/personal care home visits covered by Medicare?

Yes. Medicare pays 80% of the allowable amount for housecall/PCH/ALF visits. The remaining 20% balance is carried over to the supplemental insurance or patient.

Is there a fee for obtaining my medical records or having a form filled out by the provider or staff?

Depending on the type of form, there is usually a fee for having forms filled out. Below is some information and the fees associated with some of the more common forms:

  1. Blank forms will not be accepted. Personal information must be completed.
  2. Outstanding balances need to be paid prior to forms being filled out.
  3. Many forms require a current exam prior to being completed.
  4. The charge for review and completion of medical forms is as follows:

FMLA Paperwork- $25.00

Physician’s Evaluation for Assisted Living (patient must have current TB skin test or chest x-ray results for form to be completed) – $25.00

Handicapped Parking Affidavit (includes Notary fee) – $5.00

VA form: Examination for Housebound Status/Aid & Attendance (21-2680) – $25.00

Physician’s form for Nursing Home or Intermediate Care (DMA-6), including PSARR form when required- $25.00

Citizen and Immigration: Medical Certification for Disability Exceptions (N-678) – $20.00

Medical Records Request (in accordance with and established by the Georgia Department of Community Health) –

Administration/Retrieval: $5.00 PLUS

Per page for pages 1-20: $0.97

Per page for pages 21-100: $0.83

Per page for pages over 100: $0.66

Notary fee (when required): $2.00

What do I do if I have a change in insurance?

You must let us know prior to seeing our providers if you have a change in insurance plans so that we can confirm that we are in-network with your new plan and obtain benefit details. If you or your loved one is seen by our providers in a private residence, or in an assisted living facility/personal care home, you must provide the office staff with the new insurance information prior to the next visit. If we discover there has been a change in insurance after the visit, you will be responsible for any balance due, which may potentially include fees from seeing an out-of-network provider or due to not designating us as your provider with your new insurance company.